The talents of regional Graphic Designers will be put under the spotlight for the inaugural o2 Media Regional Design Awards. Tired of regional talent being overlooked, Warrnambool-based agency o2 Media will stage the event for the first time in 2013.
o2 Media Director Karen Foster said there was a general perception that the best designers were all based in capital cities.
“We often hear of regionally-based businesses who by-pass local, home-grown talent in favour of expensive city designers in the belief they’ll somehow get a better outcome,” Ms Foster said.
“The reality is, we reckon we have some of the best talent right here in regional Victoria.
“And we’re prepared to put our money where our mouth is to demonstrate that!”
Ms Foster said the o2 Media Design Awards were open to any Graphic Designer or student of Graphic Design living or working/studying in regional Victoria.
Competition categories include:
- Identity (logo and collateral)
- Print Media (report/prospectus, magazine/newspaper, catalogue, book/booklet, poster, brochure/flyer, direct mail)
- Digital Media (website, app, online publication, social media campaign)
- Signage (directional.wayfinding, event/exhibition)
- Image Creation (photography, illustration)
- Emerging Talent (tertiary, secondary – response to prescribed brief).
Ms Foster said category winners would be presented at a gala cocktail evening in Warrnambool in September.
“Winning entries will be exhibited afterwards at a public exhibition and will also be viewable online,” Ms Foster said.
Details are available at www.regionaldesignawards.com.au or via the Regional Design Awards’ Facebook page.